Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Marikina, a model university that meets global challenges producing disciplined and excellent leaders of good taste.
Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Marikina is committed to produce work-ready, career-focused and community-oriented graduates honed through holistic and life-long learning.
PLMarian’s Core Values
- Good Taste
- Setting the education agenda of the city
- Providing competent and dedicated faculty, modern and adequate facilities, and curricular programs responsive to the qualification standards and requirements of the global community
- Initiating effective research that will develop the institution and help the local communities in Marikina and other regions
- Facilitating efficient and responsive community extension services
- Establishing local and international institutional linkages
- Expanding efforts of maintaining academic excellence through accreditation and international standard certifications
- Competence by providing avenues for self-development and self- realization through programs that will harness their full potentials
- To set the research agenda of the university in its colleges/departments
- To design community extension services and academic linkages that will aid in community development and people empowerment
- To establish good fellowship among institutions and organizations through memoranda of agreement and other mechanisms
- To develop and implement a long-range campaign designed to increase awareness of people about the university and its activities.
- To set the standard qualifications prescribed for entrance in the university which could be used as benchmark by secondary institutions in the city
- To design and offer trainings and seminars that will enhance the competency of students in their respective fields of discipline